About getting to become a classy lady; Being a woman is different from being a lady more especially, the classy lady, (haha) I think there’s a bit of tautology classy ladies are excellent calling it “classy lady” because a “qualified lady” already has class..lol, if you agree with me, A lady, is a woman with “class” And I’ll be presenting a list of their routines if you’re tired of loosing it in the “ladyship” game. Trust me, you’ve got all it takes to be a lady, you’re “well loaded” A quote from our dear CoCo says;
“A lady should be two things; Classy and fabulous”
And so splad ladies, let’s get on a “fabulous” ride 😉
1. Values and Virtues: First of all, it’s your values that distinguishes you from the rest of the pack, be a woman that doesn’t waste her time doing what everyone else is doing but does what she does because she has a sense of purpose and direction, being full of conviction, she doesn’t steal, not because she has but because she knows the consequence and momentary pleasure associated with it. Always nurture your values, belong to a Worship Assembly and be active there.
2. Always Smile & Stay Positive: A smile is worth more than a thousand words, hides a lot of feelings and emotions and projects you as graceful. Like little drops of water make a mighty ocean, that’s how as little as a smile can take your look from barely dare to finish 😉 . It’s all you need to seal a look. A smile is contagious and so is your positive attitude. Smile more often 🙂
3. Posture matters: You don’t have to be a runway model to have a genuine lady posture; Practice makes perfect, walk with your chin up, it speaks confidence, just imagine if you had a soup bowl containing water on your head. You should Walk the Part, When you walk into an organisation, you can tell who’s the CEO or who’s in charge by their composure, you won’t expect to see someone with a grouchy step sit at the head of the table. She walks with Authority. Elegance and Gusto should radiate because you know exactly what you want and you’re confident in your steps. Even if you’re not confident, act like it, it’s attractive, no one wants to stick around someone who’s sure of nothing. Walk with your head held high, chin up, not looking at the ground while you walk, with your shoulders high and squared In a sentence, I’ll say “walk like a Queen” because you are one.
4. Be courteous: Always extend a hand if you’re meeting someone for the first time and always express gratitude for any favour shown you. Show you have manners and you’re not a beautiful but grumpy bratty Queen!
5.Workout: Exercise releases endorphins; which are “feel good hormones” and they motivate you to eat right. Find an exercise or sport you love, it could be swimming, start with it, and stick to a routine. Apart from exercise making you feel great, it tones your body it sculpts your back, strengthens your core, keeping your spine in shape thereby giving you a perfect posture all round.
6. Your speech: Learn how to speak and frame your words, let them not tear down but build up, keep words that don’t tell good of you, out of your vocabulary.
“Raise your words not your voice, It is rain that grows flowers not thunder”
(It could save a day) A lady doesn’t shout or yell on top of your voice no matter the circumstance but if need be, stress your words per syllable and don’t shout. It’s courteous.
7. Pay attention to your looks:
Being tattered isn’t attractive at all. Always look like you put an effort into your looks, “looking good, is good buisness” if your face is looking dull, you can get a lipstain to brighten it up (they work like magic!) You shouldn’t look like a clown either, find a colour that works for you, Never put on rumpled clothes, and try as much as you can, to get crease-free clothes. Put on the right shoes, you can make a mistake in coordinating your outfit but not your shoe choice. As Marilyn Monroe says; “Give a Lady the right pair of shoes and she will conquer the world” Never let your shoes spoil the show.
8. Signature Scent: Invest in a good glass of perfume with an amazing scent (It’s worth it). And personalise it 😉 Note: When going for perfume shopping, make sure you have no other scent on, and even as it’s best to test perfumes by spraying on your pulse(e.g wrists) do not rub your wrists together. And do well not to soak yourself up in too much fragrance..just a little should do.
Listen to critics selectively, and make adjustments where necessary, some things people say about you do not even matter at all. Conversely, don’t Gossip or say bad things behind people it’s “so not classy” It will kill you slowly, dent your image and damage your reputation. A lady with class wouldn’t talk ill of other people. These are my 9 steps, are there any more you have for me, roll the comments in, let me know what you think 🙂